Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Domestic goddess? Maybe not.



There’s nothing like company coming to get you to clean up your act.

We have guests coming in September … I know … that’s a couple of months away, but with my schedule I need to tackle stuff when I have the time.  So this long weekend I set about clearing some drawer space for them.

In one drawer I keep all the medical supplies -  my medicine cabinet if you will.  

I discovered that I have a lifetime supply of bandaids – or “plasters” as we would say in the UK.  So if you cut yourself, I have literally got you covered.

On the other hand, if you had a funny tummy. .. Well, let’s just say it’s just as well no one got sick at our place, because all the meds were so out of date, I’d have made you even sicker if I’d given you any.  

Now some were just a year out of date, but others, I am embarrassed to admit expired several years ago… like 2007.  I know, I know… it’s been a while. What can I say?  You will be pleased to hear that I’ve ditched the lot.

However, it flags a different issue for me.  No wonder pharmaceutical companies do well.  You buy a package of say Imodium, and hopefully only have to take one pill, but then the package stays untouched and it expires.  So you buy another pack, and repeat.


My question for you – am I the only one with a long-expired medicine cabinet?  Anyone else going to ‘fess up?

No comments: