Thursday, February 25, 2016

Signs you are on the right track

Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?  We all struggle with this – and it is not just when you are young.  Some of us are still asking that question and are unclear on the answer.

Last night we had the launch of the One Red Lipstick book, a project I had been involved in as the editor.  The stories are of 24 entrepreneurial women who have been there and back, and still navigated their way to achieve success on their own terms.  

 Not only was there a sense of pride and accomplishment last night, but the launch  served to remind me of why I love what I am doing and how my plans for the future are taking me in the right direction.  So I’d like to share how I know this is right and perhaps then you can check whether you too are on the right path.

Pay attention to your reactions.   There’s a glow.   Your face lights up when you talk about your plans.  Your eyes shine brightly.  There’s a contagious enthusiasm about what you are doing and saying.   Several people, for example, remarked that I looked so relaxed and excited.

When you speak it all comes naturally.   The words flow, there’s no script because you are speaking from the heart.  Apart from the names of the people I had to introduce last night, I had no notes and no trouble telling people who they were and what they’d done.

You meet the right people who can help you achieve your goals.  It’s more than being in the right place at the right time.  It’s serendipity.  When you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, it all starts to fall into place.   And part of that synchronicity is that you are aware of what you want to do, so your antenna are up, and you are more open to new people and new ideas.

You share your plans and ideas and say them out loud.  In doing so, you are actually making a public commitment to yourself that you will do what you are planning to do.

The theme of the evening was resilience and courage.  It takes courage to walk through the challenges in life, but without the tenacity to stick with it, learn and move on, we’d all be stuck in a place where we don’t want to stay.

Last night I made my announcement that I am starting a publishing company so I can help others get their message and stories out into the world.   I said it out loud and already, can you believe, already would-be authors are coming forward.  Who knew?

Life is pretty cool when you are willing to open new doors for yourself.   I have no idea where this new venture of mine will take me, but I know that starting it up is adding a bounce to my step as it combines all that I love – writing, books, and people.

Just think of all the book launches I can organize – always a party gal, I just love bringing people together. And no, I am not giving up Company of Women, just expanding what we do.

If you are at a crossroads, dig deep.  What do you enjoy doing?  What makes your heart sing?   

While the stories in the book vary,  one thing the women have in common, is they didn’t let the stuff of life hold them back, they dusted themselves off and moved forward. 

And you can too.


2 comments:

Laurie DiLibero said...

Congratulations to you on your announcement. Exciting times ahead! Yet another avenue for you to assist others in fulfilling their goals and dreams. A win for all.

Unknown said...

Such a great post... and such a true and important lesson to pay attention to the signs you are on the right track. THANK YOU... I needed to read this today.

AND ~ a BIG congratulations on the launch of One Red Lipstick, and more importantly, the announcement of Full Circle Publishing! I look forward to being a published author with your new company one day in the not-so-distant future!