Saturday, July 18, 2009

Press One for Service

For weeks now I have been trying to get our dishwasher fixed. One of the “joys” of living in the country, is contrary to popular belief, you’re not alone. Invariably you are sharing your homestead with the critters around you. In our case – a family of mice, who have not only set up home at the bottom of our dishwasher, but chewed their way through the pipes. Needless to say, the dishwasher isn’t working, and hasn’t for some time now.

I discovered the culprits when the service man came – back in early June. He had to order a part and I was to phone in and book a service appointment. Sounds simple.
But no. Every time I phone and do the press 1 for English, press 1 again for service, I get advised that my call is important to them, but I am number 8 in the queue. Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time to be on hold while I wait not so patiently to move up to #1. So I hang up, try again later – same thing.

Frustrated with this, and tired of washing dishes, I thought I would email them. Wrong. It bounced back. So then I thought I would send a fax. The number doesn’t work. Meantime, I am still without a functioning dishwasher and who knows another family could have set up house by the time the service guy gets back to put in the new part.

What ever happened to customer service? We have around eight products that are manufactured by Miele – heaven help if any of those go wrong. No, I want to press one and get service.

But I don’t have time to vent … got some dishes to wash.

No comments: