Monday, November 19, 2007

All grown up

Last week marked a special moment in my career as a mother. We bought my daughter’s wedding dress. And we did so without any disagreement, both selecting the same dress and agreeing – this was THE one. She looks beautiful – young, fresh and poised, ready for her new life with her partner.

“Did you cry?” my friends asked. I didn’t but seeing her in her dress, made me realize our relationship is going to change. No question now, she’s grown up and growing away. She’s starting a new and exciting stage in her life.

But isn’t that what motherhood is all about – we raise our children to give them wings - the confidence and courage to make their own way in the world. And we accept them for who they are.

There may be some of you questioning why I write about this in a business blog, but I would argue that we are women and mothers first, business owners second.

No comments: