Friday, May 19, 2006

bizwomen

Forgive my silence - I took off for a mini-vacation. I'm back now but still in holiday mode and reluctant to burst that relaxing bubble that has cushioned me the last few days.

We went on a cruise - a wonderful opportunity to relax, read and I confess ... people watch. With 2,400 people on board the ship, we had plenty of scope!

What did I discover? Sad to report, but my main observation is people can be quite rude. Whatever happened to the manners their parents tried to instill in them? Clearly it isn't working. Few ever said "please" or "thank you" to the staff who looked after us; others demanded immediate service and when they didn't get the answers they wanted to hear, they turned it up a notch and had a temper tantrum! Kudos to the staff on board who had to smile, be courteous and tolerate such behaviour.

Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time. We ate far too much, walked miles on the ship to counter the extra pounds we could gain, and truly enjoyed the break from the routine. As a mom, it was so nice to have someone else look after me. A gal can get quite used to all the pampering.

Now if I could just get my husband to leave a mint chocolate on my pillow... it would be a start.

No comments: